S U S T A I N A B I L I T Y
M I S S I O N & V A L U E S
My mom always says, “I want my grandchildren to be able to see the whales.” Now substitute whales for any animal on our earth, and I guarantee you she has finished the sentence with that animal too.
Respecting the environment, appreciating the outdoors and providing the same care and empathy to all living things, have always been core values instilled in all of our family members, young and old. Having also grown up working for over a decade on a strawberry farm in Markham, Ontario, I’ve learned to understand, advocate and better appreciate what the Earth does for us.
With that being said, The Cottage Collection is committed to minimizing our ecological footprint as best we can. The common motto is "reduce, reuse, recycle" and in an effort to save our environment we aim to eliminate the use of plastics in our packaging as a start. Although we do recognize there is a long way still for us to go, here are some of the ways we are dedicated to doing so:
- Our padded packaging sleeves are fully biodegradable (once the tear strip is removed) and are made of 100% recycled materials.
- Our post cards are made of recycled paper
- All additional items in your package are reusable
- Packages that require wrapping are done so with biodegradable and recycled materials
- Mugs are packaged in recyclable cartons
G I V I N G B A C K
Every quarter, we will be choosing a local initiative to support.
If you would like to recommend a cause that you care about and would like to share, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.